Sweet, salty, and nutty ice cream that will immediately melt in your mouth; leaves behind a salty need for one more bite. Pralines are a unique nut in that they are extremely salty and smooth tasting, which goes well with the particularly sweet whole milk and whole cream ice cream base. Vanilla bean powder has intense vanilla flavor that will quickly liquefy and distribute evenly throughout your perfect homemade frozen treat.
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 grams sugar
- milk (30cl. whole, full fat)
- double cream (20cl.)
- 1 vanilla pods (seeds from 1 pod)
- 1/2 package candy (Praline, sugar, made from nuts and sugar syrup)
- 1. Place the bowl of the ice cream maker in the freezer at least 18 hours before use.
- 2. Combine egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Fit the flexible beater and splash guard lid. Set the timer to 2 minutes and set on speed 2.
- 3. Add milk, cream and the seeds of the vanilla pod.
- 4. Set the temperature to 180F. Set the timer for 8 minutes and the speed to ""Mixture 1"".
- 5. Once finished cooking, pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate. The mixture must be cold before pouring it into the ice cream maker.
- 6. Install the cooling bowl. Adjust to speed 3 and set timer for 15 minutes. Pour the cream into the bowl, through the opening on the splash guard lid. Add the praline. Set the timer for 5 minutes and set on speed 3.
- 7. Place ice cream in freezer to set.