Lighter and sweeter than the usual Crème Brulee, this vanilla version is sure to please. Full cream and egg yolks combine as a full-bodied base and custard thickener. Sugar and whole milk add sweetness while the vanilla powder provides the flavor as well as a subtle tart essence. Using a torch, carefully sprinkle the tops of each dish with light brown sugar and caramelize, giving each creamy crème brulee a brittle sweet top shell.
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 grams sugar
- cream (30 cl. full)
- whole milk (50 cl.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 210F.
- In the food processor, blend the egg yolks and sugar for two minutes on speed 2.
- Add cream, milk, and vanilla powder, and blend for 1 minute on minimum speed.
- Divide the cream in small dishes and bake them in a water bath for 1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours
- To serve, sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelize under the broiler or with a blowtorch.