Vanilla Cream and Caramelized Apple MacaroonsOn dine chez Nanou
caramelized apples, firm colorful macaroons, stuffed with a sweet fluffy vanilla cream. bite-sized, kid friendly, snack that takes the edge off of sweet cravings. it's balanced flavors of tangy and sweet are infused together. real vanilla ice cream tops the dish. perfect, easy, and satisfying.
- 150 grams almonds (powder)
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams egg whites
- 150 grams sugar
- 50 grams water
- 15 grams sugar
- pancake (Very thin, for decoration)
- low-fat milk (50 cl.)
- 1 vanilla pods
- 3 eggs
- 100 gramssugar powder
- 50 grams flour
- 50 grams butter (soft)
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- caramel sauce (with Salted Butter)
- 200 grams sugar
- cream (20 cl. liquid)
- 50 grams salted butter
- 1Mix quickly, and sift together the ground almonds and icing sugar.
- 2In a saucepan, heat 150 grams of sugar and 50 grams of water, until the syrup reaches 110 degrees Celsius.
- 3In the food processor, beat the 50 grams of egg whites to a foam, and add sugar.
- 4Continue mixing, egg whites should be stiff.
- 5As soon as the syrup is ready, reduce the speed of the food processor, and add the syrup.
- 6Increase the speed gradually, and let run for about 10 minutes, until the egg whites are completely cold (do not stop the food processor, but check it by touching the outside of the bowl).
- 7Preheat oven to 140°C.
- 8Add 50 grams egg whites, and the sifted almond and sugar.
- 9Blend for about 1 minute, the dough should be somewhat liquid, but not too much.
- 10Fill a pastry bag, and pipe long macaroons on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- 11Stick the parchment paper to the baking pan using a little bit of dough in the 4 corners.
- 12Hold the piping bag upright in the palm of your hand.
- 13Decorate the macaroons with crumbles of the thin pancake.
- 14Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool in oven.
- 15Boil the milk, cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise, and infuse it in the milk for 3 minutes.
- 16Then scrape out the vanilla seeds, and add to the milk.
- 17Whisk eggs and sugar, add flour, and stir in hot milk.
- 18Return to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 19Gently cook 3 apples, cut into small pieces, in a saucepan with 20 grams of butter.
- 20When the apples are translucent, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, and caramelize. Set aside.
- 21Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 22Pour cream in a dish to cool, and cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming on the surface.
- 23When the cream is cold, pour in food processor, whip for 2 minutes, and add 50 grams of soft butter to make it lighter.
- 24Do not whisk too long, because the cream will change in appearance.
- 25Gently cook 3 apples, cut into small pieces in a saucepan, with 20 grams of butter.
- 26When the apples are translucent, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, and caramelize.
- 27Set aside.
- 28Heat 200 grams of sugar in a heavy skillet to make a caramel.
- 29Let it caramelize without mixing, but rather by simply moving the pan in small movements.
- 30When the sugar reaches a beautiful red color, add salted butter and cream, stir, and let cool.
- 31Assembly the macaroons: use a pastry bag to pipe a little bit of vanilla cream on each half of the macaroons, add caramelized apples, and again a little bit of cream.
- 32Garnish the plate with a little caramel sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.