- 1 chicken
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- butter (as needed)
- wine (25 cl. yellow)
- 2 vanilla pods
- cream (30 cl. liquid)
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with flour.
- Melt the butter in a casserole.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry them on each side.
- Add 5 centiliters of wine.
- Add 1 vanilla pod split in half.
- Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces, but keep them warm.
- Degrease the the cooking sauces.
- Boil the sauce and reduce heat to very low.
- Pour the remaining 20 centiliters of wine into the casserole.
- Cook on very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the pan.
- Add 20 centiliters of liquid cream.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Split the second vanilla bean. Scrape the inside with a knife and mix with the remaining 10 centiliters of cream.
- Pour the cream into the pan and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through.