Carrot cake is usually the dessert of choice if you are craving sweets but not the calories. This Vanilla Carrot Cake with Chocolate Frosting is not the treat for dieters. This recipe takes 85 minutes to prepare and is packed with goodness, wrapped in chocolate bliss. Ingredients include sugar, ground carrots, eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, scraped vanilla beans, flour, baking powder, unsalted butter, honey, and melted chocolate chips.
- 300 grams sugar
- 250 grams carrots (ground)
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- 200 milliliters olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
- 240 grams flour (sieved)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 grams chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and flour a round cake pan and set it aside.
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Add the ground carrots and stir them in well.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add eggs, and beat with the mixer on medium speed.
- Add the oil, the vanilla extract, and the vanilla bean, and continue to mix on medium speed.
- Finally, slowly add in the flour and the baking powder, and mix well.
- Pour the mix into the cake pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour. Test with a toothpick.
- Place the butter and honey in a bowl, and mix on a low speed.
- Add the melted chocolate, and mix for another minute on medium speed.
- Cover the cake with frosting, and garnish to taste.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1370Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.