Vanilla Cake with Poppy SeedsMarmita
Orange zest and juice lend this simple vanilla cake bright flavor notes, while poppy seeds give it wonderful crunch. Be sure to buy only pure vanilla extract with no artificial flavors added (check the label), as it is the predominant flavoring of the dessert that's enhanced by mixing vanilla sugar into the batter before baking and sprinkling more vanilla sugar over the cake, along with more poppy seeds, as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- 125 grams butter
- 200 grams vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300 grams flour (rising)
- 180 milliliters milk
- 2 orange peel
- 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1Preheat the oven to 320ºF. In a bowl, beat 280 g of sugar with the eggs until you get a soft dough. Add the flour and milk to the mixture (alternating), mix well and then add the poppy seeds, vanilla extract and orange zest.
- 2Place in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the cake is golden.
- 3I sprinkled the cake with the remaining seeds and vanilla-flavored powdered sugar.