Uses KitchenAid® Stand Mixer.
- 6 oz. unsalted butter (softened, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing pans)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (plus 1 tablespoon for greasing pans)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease two 9-inch round baking pans with 1 tablespoon butter, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour, shaking out excess. Set aside.
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer. Add softened butter and sugar to mixer bowl, turn to speed 2, and mix 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually increase to speed 6 and beat until light and fluffy. Reduce to speed 4 and add eggs, one at a time until well incorporated.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture to stand mixer bowl, mixing on speed 2 until just combined. Add half of milk and vanilla and mix to combine. Scrape down bowl and add remaining milk. Mix on speed 4, 1 to 2 minutes until completely blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans and bake 25-35 minutes until cakes spring back when pressed lightly and begin to pull away from sides of pans. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Finish cake with your favorite icing and serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories360Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes