If you want to show a loved one just how much they mean to you, then why not give them the gift of a homemade sweet treat. This recipe for Vanilla Almond Hearts combines decadent and delicious ingredients for a rich, sweet and salty treat. Be sure to make a couple batches and serve them to all your favorite people. Not only will they love you for the gift, they will love the flavor of these cookies. Happy baking!
- 300 grams flour
- 175 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 125 grams confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, butter, sugar, egg, almonds, orange zest and vanilla.
- Mix the ingredients with your fingertips to get a ball of dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.