This classic dish will not disappoint. You will fall in love with our Upside-down Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Cake recipe. It is loaded with flavor and the perfect recipe to switch up your routine. Try out this Upside-down Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Cake recipe and comment below with your thoughts. We love to read users thoughts on our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating for others to follow along. We hope you enjoy this Upside-down Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Cake recipe as much as we do!
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 110 grams sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 65 grams flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly oil and flour the cake pan and line the bottom with a sheet of wax paper coated on both sides.
- Combine the cheese with the egg yolk and 45 grams of sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add the liqueur, if desired, and chocolate chips.
- Place the ricotta cream on the bottom of the cake pan leaving a space all around between the sides of the cake pan and the ricotta cream.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar in another bowl. Add the flour by folding it in with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan making sure to fill the border left by the ricotta cream and the top.
- Place the cake in the oven and bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn out the cake immediately onto a wire rack to cool.