This classic dish will not disappoint. You will fall in love with our Upside-Down Pineapple and Banana Cake recipe. It is loaded with flavor and the perfect recipe to switch up your routine. Try out this Upside-Down Pineapple and Banana Cake recipe and comment below with your thoughts. We love to read users thoughts on our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating for others to follow along. We hope you enjoy this Upside-Down Pineapple and Banana Cake recipe as much as we do!
- 150 grams butter (soft)
- 150 grams sugar
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 1 orange juice (and zest)
- 3 eggs
- 175 grams cake flour
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams chopped walnuts (roughly)
- 1 can pineapple (sliced )
- 1 bananas (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grease, with butter, a baking pan with removable rim.
- Heat frying pan with 70 grams butter, 75 grams white sugar, and 75 grams yellow sugar.
- Add the orange juice and zest, let boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat, and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the sugar darkens and caramelizes.
- Place pineapple slices on the bottom of the pan, and put a slice of banana in each pineapple center. Top with caramel.
- Set aside.
- Place the remaining sugar in a cup, (75 grams white sugar and 75 grams yellow sugar), the remaining 80 grams of butter, and program Thermomix for 2 minutes at 50 degrees Celsius, speed 2.
- Program again for 20 seconds, speed 3, and add eggs one by one.
- Then add flour, chopped nuts, vanilla extract, and yogurt. Program for 1 minute, speed 4.
- Pour the batter over the fruit and caramel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (do the toothpick test before removing from the oven).
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before turning cake out.
- Brush the top layer of the cake with honey, cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories970Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.