Sometimes, the best thing you can do to melt the stress away is to make a rich and delicious dessert and serve it up with your favorite coffee. This recipe for Ultra Soft Blueberry Danish Cake with a Crispy Almond Crust is decadent and dreamy. These sweet treats are perfect for a small family gathering. Serve them up for breakfast and be everyone’s hero for the day. The hardest part will be waiting for them to cool after baking.
- 400 grams almond paste (or marzipan)
- 200 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 160 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 250 grams fresh blueberries (or frozen blueberries)
- 50 grams butter
- 75 grams flour
- cinnamon powder
- 75 grams sugar
- In an electric mixer, combine the almond paste, sugar, and eggs.
- Add the flour and yeast to get a smooth paste.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the dough in a greased and floured cake pan.
- Place the blueberries on top. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the butter, flour, a pinch of cinnamon, and sugar.
- Mix with your fingertips to get a crumbly texture.
- Spread the mixture on top of the cake and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool before serving.