- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Mustard, Ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mccormick black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 6 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix panko and paprika; sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Teresa C. 11 days ago
Will definitely make again! May try a combo of sharper cheeses, but base recipe excellent!
Jessica 12 days ago
Very dry and flavorless, but my dad loved it.
Christy Pacha 15 days ago
So cheesy & good. Perfect comfort food!
Jackie 15 days ago
Family loved it! We used cheddar and Gouda in the recipe and it came out great!
Krista Wright 14 Nov
delicious! kids even had seconds which is rare!
Damien J. 9 Nov
wife and kids enjoyed!! will make again
Dusty Ash 9 Nov
i missed that you were supposed to make cheese sauce first and then dump the noodles in with it. it was still good though.
David p. 7 Nov
it was good kids loved it
Jacob 5 Nov
Great! Followed it to the letter and it was really good. The spices make it much more flavorful, and I could see adding broccoli too.
Sabina 30 Oct
Delicious!! I omitted the mustard and added a 1/2 tsp chili powder, an extra 1/2 tsp garlic powder and chopped veggies (mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and bell peppers) which baked to a perfect consistency in the oven. I’ll definitely be using this recipe again!
Rabih F. 22 Oct
very delicious. my go to recipe for a quick mac and cheese fix from now on. love it
Lea N. 17 Oct
delicious! like my grandad's recipe....
Leigh Ann M. 3 Oct
quick, easy and delicious. i added more spices and left out the ground mustard.
Obelis 24 Sep
With a bit more milk and spices it's perfect.
Earley 20 Sep
It was real good. Very filling but a hit in this house. i actually used different cheese's but staying with the recipe otherwise
Sarah Veselka 12 Sep
WAYYY TOO MUCH!! I hadn’t expected it to make a large pot! Oh wel! More for me!!
Russ 5 Sep
Awesome! Everyone loved it. Didn’t have dried mustard so squirted some yellow mustard in. Tasted great. Also, baked it in a cast iron pan. The best!
Kinan Plessis 4 Sep
Delish, but I added smoked sliced sausages.
Beth Y. 23 Aug
I made this for a friend as a condolence gift....great recipe! Substituted 1 small container of cream cheese for one cup of milk. Great recipe!
Marlene K. 9 May
Surprisingly good made as is.
Marie 20 Apr
loved it so easy and good !
Alisha Gorecki 17 Apr
Delicious! Love the breadcrumb topping!
Chay W. 15 Apr
Great!!! Tastes so good! Everyone loved it! 😊
kate i. 13 Apr
cheese stayed creamy and was easy to make. i needed to season it alittle more since it was slightly bland. will make again
Jaime 2 Apr
super easy to make. I added cooked bacon bits to the cheese mix for a little added flavor! It was a hit for the Holiday celebration!
Jen C. 15 Mar
This needs to modified big time it’s an ok recipe BUT way to much milk and cheese I had so much cheese sauce leftover it was ridiculous
Cassandra 15 Feb
I would definitely make this again although I would add a bit more spices and a bit of hot sauce
Tia Terry 23 Dec 2017
Very good :) Very cheesy 😁
Lauren 27 Jul 2017
delish, used quinoa macaroni noodles. They absorbed the cheese sauce a little too much, so I'll make more sauce next time.
Amanda T. 25 Jul 2017
I used what cheeses I had on hand, and left out the mustard powder because I didn't have any. I made this for thanksgiving side dish and there was none left after! Everyone loved it! The gets get excited when it's mac n cheese night only to usually be disappointed because I don't make this kind everytime!!