- 1 eggplant (large)
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 12 ounces spaghetti sauce (Kissino, about ½ a jar or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (grapeseed/)
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 zucchini squash
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 dash salt (and pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two or three baking sheets with tin foil for roasting. Peel eggplant and chop it in half length-wise. Slice eggplant into ¼” lengthwise pieces. Chop the ends off all the squash and slice them the same way as the eggplant.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and coarsely chop the mushrooms. Slice the red bell pepper into fajita-style slices. Spread all veggies out on the baking sheets and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over vegetables and roast in the oven about 20 minutes. At 10 minutes, check the vegetables and flip them over.
- Once vegetables are roasted, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for handling purposes. Using tongs, squeeze juice out of the tomatoes and remove the tomato skins. Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Turn the oven heat down to 350 degrees. Pour a little of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish and spread around to lightly coat the dish. Begin layering the vegetables in the casserole dish, starting with the eggplant on the bottom. Sprinkle cheese and tomato sauce between layers. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Serve the ratatouille by itself or with rice, quinoa or bread.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.