Upgrade boring, plain baked potatoes with just a few simple ingredients!
- 4 russet potatoes (large, 2 1/2 lb.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (or half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- paprika (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wrap each potato in a sheet of aluminum foil, and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 70-90 minutes, depending on size, until they are fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before handling.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop the potato flesh from each potato half, leaving a scant 1/4-inch border in the skins, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to the mixing bowl. Mash the mixture with a potato masher or large fork until it is smooth and creamy.
- Arrange the hollowed potato halves on the baking sheet flesh side up. Spoon an equal amount of the potato mash inside of each potato half. Sprinkle the potatoes evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the potatoes for 10-12 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle the potatoes lightly with paprika, and serve immediately.
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Allison Addison 8 days ago
very good and will make again!