Twelfth Night Cake with PralineOn dine chez Nanou
With the holidays coming up, it is time to find some fantastic desserts to prepare for your loved ones. This recipe for Twelfth Night Cake with Pink Pralines (quick puff pastry) is a wonderful way to show your family how much you love them. The recipe combines the saltiness of ground almonds with the rich flavors of pralines topped with a maple syrup for a sweet and savory treat. Make these for breakfast and watch your family jump for joy!
- 300 grams flour
- 5 grams salt
- 250 grams butter
- 15 ounces water
- 100 grams almond meal
- 100 grams butter (soft)
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams eggs (or 2 eggs)
- 2 grams flour
- 3 tablespoons candy bar (praline, cut into pieces)
- 1 eggs (for brushing)
- maple syrup
- 1Weigh all ingredients and cut the butter into cubes and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes. Pour all the ingredients into the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix with the hook until you have a smooth dough. The cubes of butter should not be fully incorporated and remain visible in the dough.
- 2Put the dough on a floured surface. Shape dough into a ball using your hands and sprinkle with flour. With a rolling pin, roll out the ball to form a long strip 1 centimeter thick . Fold the strip in 3 . Rotate the dough a quarter on itself and spread again as before. Put the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 3Repeat these steps 2 more times without forgetting to put it in the fridge between each step.
- 4Each time you make a fold the dough, make a mark in the dough with your finger to remind you where you are in the process.
- 5Keep it cool and take out 15 minutes before the roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface . Cut 2 circles 30 centimeters in diameter. Using a brush, moisten a disk with water on the outer edge (this will allow you to paste the second disc).
- 6In the mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, pour the butter and mix to a paste on medium speed, then add sugar gradually. Stir in the almond meal, the eggs, and finally the flour. Mix until you have a smooth cream.
- 7Using a pastry bag, place a layer of almond cream on the dough circle you moistened the edge of. Sprinkle the chopped praline candy bars over the almond cream. Cover with the second dough disk, pressing lightly with your fingers. Press the edges with a fork to seal them. Beat the egg and then brush the top of the pastry with it. Store it at a cool temperature for an hour. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit). Brush the pastry with the egg again, using a knife, draw shallow spirals on top of the dough. Bake for 30-40 minutes to get it well browned.
- 8Once out of the oven, you can brush the top of the pastry with maple syrup so it stays shiny.