The wonderful part about Tuscany Bocadillo is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Tuscany Bocadillo is rich and flavorful. If you are searching for a fish dish that is creamy, packed with nutrients and has a hearty flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 onions (thin julienne-cut)
- 1 eggplant (sliced)
- 1/2 zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
- 6 anchovies
- soft goat cheese
- tomato paste
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Caramelize the onions in a saucepan with a few drops of water, oil, salt, and a teaspoon of sugar. Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2Slice and salt the eggplant on both sides, place on a rack. After 10 -15 minutes the eggplant will have lost the water that might make it bitter when cooked. Dry and cook on the grill with a little oil.
- 3Grill the zucchini.
- 4Spread the tomato paste and a drizzle of olive oil on the bread. Then, layer with the caramelized onions, one slice of eggplant, one slice of crumbled goat cheese, one slice of zucchini, and finally anchovies.
- 5Sprinkle lightly with oregano and garnish with basil to taste.