This quick skillet dish is simple yet sophisticated, making dinner tonight a breeze. Serve with hot cooked noodles, garlic bread and a tossed green salad.
- 1 pound boneless pork chops (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and thinly sliced)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; sauté pork cubes, garlic and onion until pork starts to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 12-15 minutes. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and black pepper if desired.
- Serves 4.
- Wine suggestion: Pour a chilled Sauvignon Blanc or a (red) Zinfandel.