Tuscan Pork SandwichPORK
This entree sandwich can be made for a quick dinner or something different for guests. Make the olive topping ahead of time to allow flavors to fully blend. Serve with Cold Herbed Garbanzo Beans and grilled vegetables.
- 6 pork chops (boneless, 1/2-inch thick)
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. dijon style mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/2 cup oil (cured black olives, pitted, chopped, such as kalamata)
- 6 slices eggplant (unpeeled, 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 loaf french bread (OR Italian, crusty, cut in half horizontally)
- 7 oz. roasted red peppers (halved)
- 4 oz. fontina cheese (OR provolone)
- Prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, Wocestershire, garlic and rosemary in work bowl of food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside 1/3 cup of mixture for basting chops and eggplant. Add olives to remaining mixture and reserve.
- Brush chops with olive oil mixture (without olives). Grill chops 3-4 minutes per side until nicely browned. Remove to plate. Brush eggplant with same olive oil mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until just tender. Grill bread halves, cut side down, during last 1-2 minutes of grilling eggplant.
- To assemble sandwich, spread reserved olive mixture evenly over bottom half of bread; top with eggplant and cheese slices. Thinly slice pork chops; layer over cheese and top with roasted pepper halves and top half of bread.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories770Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes