- 3 pounds pork roast (boneless blade, netted or tied)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 cups milk (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add roast and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with salt and pepper. To skillet, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, until softened. Add 1/2 cup milk, rosemary and bay leaf to skillet; bring to simmer, stirring constantly, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Transfer to slow cooker with 1 1/2 cups remaining milk. Cover and slow-cook on low 5-6 hours. Transfer pork to platter and keep warm. Discard bay leaf, skim fat from surface of cooking liquid. In medium saucepan bring cooking liquid to boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is reduced to 1 cup.
- Slice or chop roast, serve with sauce.