- 4 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 10 tomatoes (sun-dried, halves, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Madeira (OR port)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 cup water (cold)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- rosemary sprigs (Fresh, for garnish)
- In a small saucepan cover sun-dried tomatoes with chicken broth and Madeira. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Let stand about 10 mintues to plump tomatoes. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops with a little oil and brown 2 minutes on each side. Remove chops from skillet. Add shallot and garlic to skillet; cook over low heat until tender but not brown. Stir in tomatoes with the liquid and chopped rosemary. Return chops to the skillet. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove chops to a serving platter; allow to rest 3-5 minutes and keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch; add to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Top the chops with tomato mixture and garnish with rosemary sprig.