- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons mccormick perfect pinch italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper (Ground)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound zucchini (sliced)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 6 ounces pasta (such as spaghetti or linguine)
- Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir tomato sauce into vegetables.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Place pasta in serving bowl. Add vegetable mixture; toss well.
Vickie Mims-Smith 24 Sep 2017
This Tuscan Pasta recipe was great. I selected squash and enjoyed it with the other ingredients. This Italian dish is certainly worth the time and effort put forward. I don't know if I would change this recipe at all, maybe just to add shrimp for a non-vegan meal. Oh! and I did add a green pepper because I needed that added taste too. I'll definitely try this recipe again.