- 8 ounces truRoots Ancient Grains Organic Fusilli
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 3 cups yellow onion (prepared chopped, carrot and celery)
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- 64 ounces vegetable stock
- 14 1/2 ounces chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 cups kale (packed, center vein removed)
- grated parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta in large pot of salted water boiling water, just until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- HEAT oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrot and celery until softened. Add tomato paste, garlic and rosemary. Cook and stir until fragrant. Add broth, chickpeas and kale. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Cook 18 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- PLACE 1/2 cup of noodles in each soup bowl. Top with soup and cheese.