Tuscan FusionL'Antro dell'Alchimista
For a bold mix of flavors and both classic and not-so-traditional ingredients, try this herbacous salami, Pecorino, pistachio and almond melange. Seasoned with everything from sage and rosemary to oregano and juniper berries, it's garnished with a savory cracker for textural interest. Do let the ingredients marinate for a few hours in the refrigerator, saving the nuts and cracker until right before serving.
- salami (Leftover Tuscan)
- pecorino cheese (Leftover semi-aged)
- pistachios (ground)
- sliced almonds (peeled and toasted)
- juniper berries
- ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- cookies (Savory)
- 1Cut the salami and pecorino cheese into small cubes.
- 2Place them in a bowl and season them with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil, the herbs, the spices, and the almonds.
- 3Allow the flavors to combine well for a few hours, occasionally stirring the ingredients in the bowl.
- 4Serve in small bowls, garnished with the pistachios, a few sliced almonds and a savory cookie.