- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts (large, pounded to 1-inch thickness, or 4 boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet or smokey)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon oil (divided, use olive or canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup white wine (OPTIONAL, use chicken broth instead if you wish)
- 9 ounces sun dried tomato
- 1 strip oil
- 4 flour (level tablespoons)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk (OR light cream*)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni (ounces, uncooked, 3 cups!)
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheddar (grated cheese, or Gruyere)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Emily C. 9 days ago
I have made this recipe twice now and I absolutely love it. The first time I made it I used a Chardonnay and it was great. I did not have any white wine handy the second time so I used broth and it was still delicious. I also use chicken tenderloins, but the breasts work fine too.
Jessica Sutton 10 Oct
Amazing! Everyone raved about it!
Ingram 8 Oct
loved it.. will cook again
Steven S. 19 Sep
Family loved it nothing leftover.
Angela Whiteman 11 Sep
It turned out awesome! Took awhile to cook, but glad to be able to do it in one pot. Very rich and filling.
Mags M 14 Aug
Made this exactly according to recipe. It was too dry, doesn’t reheat well, tasted more like flour than cheese, and took longer to make than the time given. It smelled great when it was coming together but turns out it really isn’t worth the work.
Amanda 8 May
Would not make again.
Sara D. 7 May
The kids loved this and rhey even ate the spinach.
pghtasha 6 May
The family loved it. Very good flavor. We felt like it was a fancy meal. Husband said or reminded him of liver mac and cheese, which I've never eaten due to shellfish allergy. My main drawback was that I felt like I was at the stove for the entire time. This is not one of those recipes that you can throw together and let it work magic on it's own.
Cris 4 May
Great directions! Easy to follow! I switched up some of the seasonings, for my own person taste. It came out great
Cynders 1 May
Fantastic. Rich and flavorful
Silas Holden 23 Apr
Excellent!!! Easy to make.
Andrew Bartlett 22 Apr
this was one of the most delicious things i have ever put in my mouth. totally worth the effort.
Christyne W. 21 Apr
it would have better if...the way you convert the recipe to ingredients hadn't turned sun dried tomatoes to "1 strip oil". ...on the whole for my first time, didnt need a 12" pot, waaaaay to cheesey, but flaover was good...
Jordan 9 Apr
AMAZING the best Mac n cheese ever
Tamara S. 8 Mar
so good and easy to make. I think I added too much cheese but still, omg
Gilda Rogers 3 Dec 2017
Used fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried. Still pretty tasty.