Hot and hearty serve this with warmed Italian bread and a fresh green salad. If you are unable to find Italian blend frozen vegetables, create your own blend of vegetables.
- 2 boneless pork chops (cut 3/4--inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onions (large, chopped)
- 16 ounces vegetables (frozen Italian, blend,, zucchini, carrots, cauliflower, lima beans and Italian green beans)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (OR navy beans, rinsed and drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (with Italian-style herbs, undrained)
- 1 turnips (medium, OR potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a large deep skillet, heat the oil; cook and stir pork cubes and onion for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; bring to a simmer; lower heat and cook, covered 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4.