- 4 apples (large Golden Delicious, Gala or other firm flesh, 1 3/4 lbs, 800 g)
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 extra-large eggs (– at room temperature)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter (– melted and slightly cooled)
- powdered sugar (as garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jenny Zhou 2 Apr
I have made apple cake several times before and this is the best so far. i loved the slightly overbaked bottom with a carmelized flavour. I made some slight alternations, and reduced the sugar to half of the recioie, and found that the sweetness was just right for my taste. Also, I used mostly Granny Smith, and 1 gala bc i ran out of gs. I would imagine that it would taste even better topped with sliced almonds or candied walnuts or pecans, might try it next time.
Igor 18 Feb
Perfect! Mouthwatering recipe!
Norma S. 9 Nov 2017
I liked it but I think it could have had less butter. I will try again with 1 spoon less butter
Olga W. 10 Oct 2017
Easy and absolutely delicious! I made it twice!
Megan R 21 Sep 2017
My family said this was the best thing I've ever made! I used almond milk instead of regular and I sprinkled cinnamon on top. 10/10 would recommend
Alma B. 17 Sep 2017
O.M.G. YUMMY-LICIOUS! Followed the recipe but I added Almond milk. It's amazing! Can't wait to make again.
Yuri Yuryev 22 Aug 2017
This was absolutely awesome! Don't forget to bake on the bottom shelf for the first 10 mins - it makes the cake so much better.
Becky H. 27 Sep 2015
This was delicious!! Used almond coconut milk because that was all I had and I don't think it had any effect (looked like the picture!). Would definitely make again.