- 3 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- 3 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons rosewater
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners sugar
- Lightly oil a deep, 8-inch square cake pan; line base with parchment.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup boiling water. Place bowl in a small pan of simmering water and stir until gelatin has dissolved.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar with 3/4 cup warm water. Stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil, without stirring, until temperature reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer. Simmer at 240°F for 5 mins, without stirring. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and 1 1/3 cups cold water in a medium saucepan; whisk until smooth. Place over heat on the stove. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Gradually whisk sugar syrup, gelatin mixture and corn syrup, into cornstarch mixture. Bring to the a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, stirring, for 10 mins, or until the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; stir in rosewater. Add food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is achieved.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve into prepared pan; skim any scum from surface. Let cool for 15 mins. Cover surface with lightly oiled parchment; stand at room temperature overnight.
- Turn on to a board dusted heavily with confectioners' sugar; remove parchment. Using a knife dipped in confectioners' sugar between cuts, slice into 36 squares. Roll squares in confectioners' sugar.
|Calories110Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|