Turkish BreadLa Cocina de Babel
Bread is best when broken among friends. This recipe for Turkish Bread is hearty, healthy, and full of goodness. It takes 55 minutes to prepare this homemade happiness. This bread that has only 140 calories per serving and uses molasses and black sesame seeds for a extra depth. Everyone will want this delicious bread for every family and friend event. Make sure to add this to your next shopping list.
- 250 milliliters warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (instant)
- 400 grams flour
- 100 milliliters molasses (mixed with 1 tbsp. water)
- black sesame seeds
- 1In a glass, mix together the water, sugar, and yeast. Set aside.
- 2Pour the flour and salt into a kitchen stand mixer. Turn the machine on, using the bread hook attachment. Slowly stream in the water and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is elastic. Cover with a moist cloth and let rise until doubled in volume.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Roll out into a 35-centimeter by 45-centimeter rectangle and cut into 1-centimeter-thick strips.
- 4Fold a strip in half and then twist it. Bring the ends together and pinch together with wet fingertips. Lay the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the other strips.
- 5Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 6Baste the top of each dough strip with the mix of molasses and water. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- 7Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.