If turkey is on the menu but you haven't decided what you want to make, then give this Braised Turkey and the Potato Trick a try. The hearty turkey steaks are perfect paired with these palate pleasing ingredients. This dish is a wonderful way to show your family you care. Why not pick up these comforting and delicious ingredients this week and surprise your family with a meal that is out of this world?
- 400 grams turkey steak
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon (and parsley spice blend, or similar)
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package potatoes (shredded)
- 4 eggs
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 sprig parsley
- Season turkey steaks with garlic, salt, and spice blend.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and fry the onion over low heat until tender and transparent.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cut turkey steaks into small strips and add to the skillet.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Fry the potatoes.
- Tip: Place cooked potatoes in a colander and pour boiling water over potatoes to remove excess grease.
- Let potatoes drain well.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and sautéed turkey in a saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with a fork and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour eggs over potatoes and stir until egg is cooked.
- To serve, garnish with chopped parsley or olives.