Turkey and Butternut Squash CurryHONEYSUCKLE WHITE
Recipe and images courtesy of Neighborfood.
- 1 lb. Honeysuckle White® Ground White Turkey Tray (97% Fat Free)
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 butternut squash (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes (canned, with their juices)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- cilantro (for serving)
- rice (prepared, for serving)
- Greek yogurt (for serving)
- In a large skillet, heat a teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring often, until no pink remains. Remove the turkey to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet and add the onion, bell pepper, and squash. Sauté until the onions start to soften - 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and spices and sauté until fragrant, another minute or two.
- Add the turkey back to the pan along with the tomatoes and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a steady simmer, cover, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the butternut squash is softened.
- Serve the mixture with a swirl of Greek yogurt, a sprinkling of fresh chopped cilantro, and rice, if desired.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories370Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes