- 8 strips bacon (4 chopped, 4 halved)
- 1 1/3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 16 ounces red cabbage (pickled)
- 2 oranges (1 juiced, 1 peeled and segmented with segments halved)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 turkey cutlets (cut in half and flattened between 2 pieces of cling film)
- 4 teaspoons sweet mustard
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound fresh gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat a saucepan and cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Add 1 tsp oil to the pan and heat. Add the star anise and cloves and sauté for 2 mins. Add the cabbage, undrained, and simmer for 25 mins, stirring occasionally. Fold in the orange segments and season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Meanwhile, season the turkey with salt and black pepper. Spread 1/2 tsp mustard on each piece and lay half of a strip of bacon on top. Roll up tightly and hold in place with a toothpick. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sear the turkey rolls for 4-5 mins, until golden brown all over. Remove from the pan and place on a sheet tray. Roast for 10 mins in the oven.
- Heat the frying pan with the turkey juices and sauté the onion for 2 mins. Add the orange juice, stock and wine and simmer gently for 5 mins.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water according to the package instructions. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and sauté in the butter for 2-3 mins, until golden and lightly browned. Serve with the turkey rolls, cabbage and orange gravy.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1120Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.