Tender turkey medallons are lined with mortadella and Montasio cheese; then, they're wrapped in bacon, tightly sealed and seasoned with a mixture of dried herbs. Cooked in the slow cooker in a mixture of olive oil and red wine, the parcels are best…
served atop a mound of mashed potatoes. Build in an extra layer of flavor by browning the meat before cooking it slow and low.
- 8 turkey (cut into thin fillets)
- 8 slices mortadella
- 8 slices cheese (montasio)
- 8 slices bacon
- dried mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 ounces red wine
- Tenderize the turkey, and then spread with a slice of mortadella and a slice of montasio cheese.
- Roll up the slices into a parcel and wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Grease the slow cooker with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add the meat and cheese
- Sprinkle with herb seasoning, a drizzle of olive oil and add the red wine.
- Cover and allow to cook for 3 hours on a high setting
- Set on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.