Turkey Steaks with AppleHoje para Jantar
- 600 grams turkey steaks
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- herbs (Provence, blend, to taste)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 4 Reinette apples
- olive oil
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 onions (small)
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1/2 red pepper
- chives (to taste)
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut the steaks into rectangles of equal size, so you can layer them with the apple slices. Season with salt, pepper, Provence herbs, and juice of 1/2 of a lemon.
- 3Rinse the apples, slice one and just remove the core from the other three. Drizzle the sliced apple with the remaining lemon juice.
- 4Pour some olive oil in the bottom of the baking pan. First place the steaks in the pan, then alternate layers of steaks and apple slices.
- 5Add the whole apples.
- 6Cut the tomato in half and add to the pan. Make two cuts in a cross on top of the onions so that they roast better, and add to the pan.
- 7Garnish with pepper strips and minced chives.
- 8Bake for about 30-40 minutes.