Turkey Steaks With CreamAs receitas lá de casa
Turkey and mushrooms are a classic flavor pairing, the one somehow making the other taste all the better, especially when bacon is added to the picture, as here, and the rendered fat is used as the flavorful cooking fat. Once the turkey and mushrooms are finished cooking, some cream and milk are added to the same skillet to make an easy pan gravy. Round out the meal with cooked rice.
- 2/3 piece bacon
- 6 turkey steaks
- 1 container cream (200 ml)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (fresh can be used as well)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1Season the steaks with lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Cut the bacon into strips or small cubes and fry in a pan until crispy.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5In the same pan, add the margarine and brown the steaks quickly on both sides.
- 6Remove the steaks and set aside.
- 7Place the cream in the pan and bring to a boil.
- 8Add the milk and stir and bring back to a boil.
- 9Drizzle the steaks with the hot cream and sprinkle the bacon on top.
- 10Serve with white rice.