Turkey Steak with Sausage and MushroomsAs receitas lá de casa
Turkey steaks are an economical choice for family dinners as well as entertaining, and they are also lean so they benefit from having a boost of flavor, as in this recipe. Here they are cut into pieces, seasoned, and topped wtih sliced vienna sausages (yep, the ones from a can) and also sliced mushrooms (also from a can). Then on goes the cream and mozzarella. When it emerges from the oven, it's all melted and golden brown on top. Delicious.
- 3 turkey steaks
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- 6 vienna sausage
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 200 milliliters cream
- mozzarella cheese (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Dice turkey and spread in a baking dish.
- 3Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, to taste.
- 4Slice sausages and spread slices on top of turkey.
- 5Distribute the mushrooms evenly on top.
- 6Sprinkle with double cream and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 8After 15 minutes of cook time, remove excess water released by the turkey.
- 9Continue to bake for remaining time.
- 10Serve with white rice, if desired.