Turkey steaks are an economical choice for family dinners as well as entertaining, and they are also lean so they benefit from having a boost of flavor, as in this recipe. Here they are cut into pieces, seasoned, and topped wtih sliced vienna sausages (yep, the ones from a can) and also sliced mushrooms (also from a can). Then on goes the cream and mozzarella. When it emerges from the oven, it's all melted and golden brown on top. Delicious.
- 3 turkey steaks
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- 6 vienna sausage
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 200 milliliters cream
- mozzarella cheese (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Dice turkey and spread in a baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, to taste.
- Slice sausages and spread slices on top of turkey.
- Distribute the mushrooms evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with double cream and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of cook time, remove excess water released by the turkey.
- Continue to bake for remaining time.
- Serve with white rice, if desired.