Turkey Steak with Mustard Sauce and Lime with semoule of HerbsMarmita
Turkey steaks are an economical (and a naturally lean and healthy) choice for a family dinner, especially when the meal is rounded out with cooked semolina, here mixed with pickles and mixed fresh herbs (such as parsley, mint, and chives, but others would also work equally well). The sauce is made with mustard (Dijon or grainy, take your pick), a touch of butter, and enough milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 pickles
- herbs (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Place a cup of semolina in a Pyrex cup.
- 2Mix with a pinch of salt and a little olive oil.
- 3Slowly add the boiling water, stirring constantly with a fork, until grains start to expand and are cooked (about 5 minutes).
- 4Once semolina is cooked add the pickles and herbs (for example: parsley, mint and chives).
- 5Season with olive oil and salt.
- 6Season steaks with a little salt and grill.
- 7In a small saucepan, combine the semolina with the lime, Dijon mustard and butter and stir.
- 8If sauce is too thick, add a little milk and bring to a boil.
- 9Season with pepper.
- 10Spoon over steaks and serve.