- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup carrots (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup chopped celery (coarsely)
- 1 cup onions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups white mushrooms (or quartered brown)
- 1 1/4 pounds Shady Brook Farm 93/7 Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 4 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (made from fresh potatoes or instant mashed potatoes)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onions; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Remove vegetables from skillet. In same skillet, heat remaining oil.
- Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Remove from skillet. Add turkey to skillet; cook about 5 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break up turkey.
- Return vegetables to skillet.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and flour.
- Add broth; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon evenly into a 6-cup ovenproof dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes evenly on top, covering filling completely.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and topping begins to brown, about 30 minutes.