- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (chopped, 1 medium)
- 1 sweet potato (large, about 1 lb peeled and diced into small cubes, 3 cups)
- 13 ounces turkey sausage (fully cooked, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced, 4 tsp)
- 6 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (chipotle, more or less to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups kale (chopped fresh)
- 14 1/2 ounces red kidney beans (dark, drained and rinsed)
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kristina 18 Oct
So yummy! I didn’t have all the chicken broth so I used 2 cups of chicken broth, 4 cups of water and added Knorr’s Caldo de tomate and Tony’s chachere’s and it came out delicious.
sarah 20 Aug
This was delicious! Next time i’ll leave the kale in a little longer because the pieces were a bit tough.
Eric Maust 20 Sep 2017
I love this soup. I have made it multiple times, much to everyone's delight.
Larry M. 4 Nov 2016
This recipe was wonderful. I used ground turkey , spinach, squash. Cooked it the same. Added a little nutmeg also because I always use nutmeg with greens.
Cherrie L. 27 Oct 2016
Needs more meat however, a really tasty soup. I would also, microwave the potatoes beforehand to add to the soup later.
Eric B. 3 Oct 2016
It turned out very good, the spices make the soup so don't be afraid to substitute the main ingredients