- 1 package Shady Brook Farms Mild Italian Turkey Sausage Roll
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 white onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (large, seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked, not instant)
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crumble and cook sausage, mushroom, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice, stirring to coat. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.