Turkey Roll-ups with Spinach and CheeseO Meu Tempero
You could simply cook the turkey steaks and spinach and serve each with the other alongside, but if you want something a bit more refined, try this preparation. Although impressive looking, the roulade is easy enough to pull off. You'll need to wilt the spinach first and then squeeze well to remove all the excess moisture, and then layer it with the cheese atop the turkey. The rolls are then cooked with a bit of margarine and Worcestershire to create a sauce.
- 2 turkey steaks
- ground black pepper
- 1 garlic cloves
- lemon juice
- frozen spinach
- 2 slices Flemish cheese (or similar)
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1Season turkey with salt, pepper, finely chopped garlic and lemon juice.
- 2Cook spinach in plenty of boiling water.
- 3Drain cooked spinach well, squeezing out excess water.
- 4Arrange the cooked spinach on top of turkey.
- 5Put a layer of cheese on top of the spinach.
- 6Tightly roll up the steaks, squeezing as much as possible.
- 7Use toothpicks to secure rolls.
- 8Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook turkey rolls on both sides over medium heat.
- 9After the first side is cooked, remove toothpicks and turn rolls and cook on the other side.
- 10Remove turkey rolls from pan.
- 11In the same pan, melt a little margarine and add Worcestershire sauce.
- 12Mix well.
- 13To serve, drizzle sauce over turkey rolls.