Hearty meals are a great option for Sunday family dinner or any large group gathering because they are usually simple to make, don’t take all day to prepare, and fill the crowed. This piece of turkey meat is tremendously tender. Garlic, 4 spice, poultry stalk, and parsley infuse the meat with spicy earthy flavors that will elevate the turkey. Carrots create a crunch juxtaposing the sweet, smooth, turkey and sauce. Once all the ingredients are in the pot, they can simmer away for 1 and ½ hour while you do something else. Check on occasion for additional seasoning.
- 1 kilogram turkey oysters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 2 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon spices
- 800 grams carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 1In a skillet, saute the turkey oysters in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until they are golden brown.
- 2Add salt, stir, and remove the oysters from the pan. Set aside.
- 3Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, gently add the onions and crushed garlic.
- 4Add honey or sugar, then the chicken stock and spices and finally the carrots, stir.
- 5On low heat, add 300 millimeters of water.
- 6Place the turkey pieces on top.
- 7Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 8Adjust the seasoning.
- 9To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley.