- 8 ounces turkey cutlets
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives (finely)
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 5 ounces arugula leaves
- 2 sourdough (whole wheat or rye rolls, halved)
- Season turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. Dip each piece into the egg and then press into the panko crumbs to coat. Refrigerate 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, for the guacamole, place the avocado, chives and 2 tsp of the lime juice in a bowl and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salsa, squeeze the tomatoes over the sink to discard the seeds and juice. Coarsely chop the tomatoes and place into a bowl with the onion, chili pepper, cilantro and remaining 2 tsp lime juice. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on high heat. Fry the turkey pieces for 1-2 mins on each side, until golden and cooked through. Drain well on paper towels.
- Layer the arugula, turkey, salsa and guacamole in the rolls.