- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark meat)
- 3 black pepper (grinds)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 can chipotle peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a medium-sized pot. Add enough water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches and add ¾ teaspoon salt. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove the potatoes from the water and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a medium bowl, mix the ground turkey with the remaining salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, adobo sauce, coriander, oregano, and cider vinegar.
- Coarsely mash the potatoes with a fork. Add to the turkey mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron or nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the oil and tilt the pan gently to coat it. Add the turkey-potato mixture, spreading it in a thin layer so that it covers the bottom of the pan. Cook the mixture without stirring for 5 to 6 minutes, or until a crust develops on the bottom and the mixture turns golden brown.
- Flip the mixture in sections and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Be sure the turkey is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Divide the mixture among the corn tortillas and top with Cabbage Slaw and Guacamole. Serve with cilantro leaves, lime wedges and hot sauce. The turkey can be mixed (and refrigerated) a day or two in advance—for stronger and spicier flavor—but the mixture tastes best when served immediately after cooking.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.