- 2 large carrots (peeled and cut into sticks)
- 1 spray cooking oil
- cayenne pepper (for sprinkling)
- 170 grams minced turkey
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheese
- 2 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon relish (burger)
- 1 tablespoon sauerkraut
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- tomato slices
- lettuce leaves
- red onions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the carrots on a baking tray and coat well with spray oil. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Bake for 10 mins, until golden brown, shaking halfway through cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, scallion and 1 tbsp ketchup. Form into a burger. Coat a griddle pan or frying pan with spray oil and place over medium heat. Cook the burger for 5 mins, turning, until cooked through. Top with the cheese and cook for 1 min. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, relish and 1/2 tsp ketchup. In a separate bowl, mix the sauerkraut and caraway seeds.
- Arrange the carrots and lettuce leaves on a plate. Top the lettuce with the sauerkraut, then the burger, cheese, tomatoes and onions.