- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 apples (cored, grated)
- 1/2 tablespoon sage leaves (fresh, shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 15 slices prosciutto
- 4 pounds turkey breast (deboned, butterflied, pounded thin)
- 1 chicken breast (double, skin removed, butterflied, pounded thin)
- 2 duck breast fillets (skin removed, butterflied, pounded thin)
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- For the stuffing, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté shallots for 1-2 mins, until tender. Add apples, sage and cinnamon. Cook for 8 mins, stirring occasionally. Add breadcrumbs and syrup. Chill for 10 mins then mix in egg.
- For the turducken, arrange prosciutto on a cutting board, slightly overlapping, into a large rectangle. Place turkey breast on top followed by chicken then duck. Spread stuffing over 2/3 of meat. Tightly roll up to enclose filling, ensuring prosciutto wraps around outside. Truss with butcher's twine at 3/4 inch intervals to secure.
- Transfer to prepared dish and brush with oil. Add 1 cup cider to dish. Bake for 1 hour 20 mins, basting every 20 mins. Brush with maple syrup and bake for another 10 mins. Let rest, covered loosely in foil, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, strain pan juices into a small saucepan. Add remaining cider and simmer over medium heat for 8-10 mins, until reduced by 1/2.
- Serve turducken, sliced, with apple cider gravy.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.