Tunnbröd (Swedish Flatbread)Kooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe forTunnbröd (Swedish Flatbread). This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 300 grams bread flour
- 150 grams rye flour (whole)
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 grams fresh yeast
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 200 milliliters warm water
- 1Sift white flour into a bowl and mix with rye flour.
- 2Add anise seeds and salt and mix well.
- 3Dissolve yeast in warm water, then stir in honey and yogurt.
- 4Gradually stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture until the dough sticks very slightly to the sides of bowl or work surface.
- 5Knead for about 10 minutes.
- 6Shape dough into a ball and place it in a bowl.
- 7Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise for 1 hour.
- 8Punch down the dough and divide into small balls.
- 9Preheat an ungreased grill to medium heat.
- 10On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin to flatten each ball.
- 11With a fork, pierce the surface of each flatbread.
- 12Cook on preheated grill for about 2 minutes on each side.