Unlikely ingredients come together to form a fresh, savory, acidic pie. Spicy mustard, black pepper, and onions keep the tuna moist, bringing out its natural flavors. Chopped tomatoes stew away in the pie allowing their juices to surround the tuna, captivate the salty cheese, and blend together the spices. Crème fraiche adds a much-needed creamy consistency that holds the filling together. Serve thick and hot for a truly exceptional meal.
- dough (pate brisee)
- Emmental cheese (grated)
- 1 can tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- herbs (your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough and lay it in a pie dish. Prick the bottom of the pie with a fork and spread mustard on the bottom. Sprinkle with a bit of the cheese. Add the tuna and chopped tomatoes.
- Combine the rest of the grated cheese, eggs, creme fraiche, salt, pepper, and herbs in a bowl. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.