Tuna and Pineapple QuicheMarmita
Tuna and pineapple in a quiche? You'll just have to make it and see for yourself what a winning combination this can be, especially when baked in a custardy filling with a flaky crust. Frozen puff pastry is a convenient shortcut to having to make pie dough from scratch, and it bakes up flaky and light. The quiche also calls for Camembert, which can be substituted with Brie, and fresh mint, which would be replaced with basil or cilantro.
- 1 package puff pastry
- 2 cans tuna (in water)
- 5 slices pineapple (ripe, diced)
- 100 grams camembert
- 200 milliliters milk
- 2 eggs
- mint (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Spread the puff pastry in a pie pan lined with parchment paper.
- 3Use a fork to prick the bottom.
- 4Spread the tuna on the bottom of the pan.
- 5Cover the tuna with the pineapple pieces.
- 6Add the Camembert, cut into pieces.
- 7Beat the eggs with the milk and pour in the pie pan.
- 8Sprinkle with mint leaves.
- 9Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden.