Tuna and pineapple in a quiche? You'll just have to make it and see for yourself what a winning combination this can be, especially when baked in a custardy filling with a flaky crust. Frozen puff pastry is a convenient shortcut to having to make pie dough from scratch, and it bakes up flaky and light. The quiche also calls for Camembert, which can be substituted with Brie, and fresh mint, which would be replaced with basil or cilantro.
- 1 package puff pastry
- 2 cans tuna (in water)
- 5 slices pineapple (ripe, diced)
- 100 grams camembert cheese
- 200 milliliters milk
- 2 eggs
- mint (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the puff pastry in a pie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom.
- Spread the tuna on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the tuna with the pineapple pieces.
- Add the Camembert, cut into pieces.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and pour in the pie pan.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden.