This flavorful and aromatic Tuna and Leek Pie is a wholesome, hearty, nostalgic, and decadent dinner option. It takes 70 minutes to prepare, so consider it for your next family Sunday dinner celebration. This recipe with four servings includes delicious ingredients, including potatoes, leeks, tomatoes, carrots, tuna and lots of spices. The aromas that will come from the oven while it bakes will make your mouth water. Serve with your favorite salad for a complete meal.
- 1 kilogram potatoes (peeled and cut into equal size pieces)
- 100 milliliters milk (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- mustard (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- nutmeg (powder, to taste)
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 leeks (thinly sliced , only the white part)
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing)
- 3 tomatoes (ripe, chopped, peeled and seedless)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Boil potatoes in salt water until soft.
- Drain, and mash in the pan. Add the milk, butter, and mustard: Mix well.
- Season with salt and nutmeg to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease or butter a baking dish, set aside.
- In a small pot with a little olive oil and a bay leaf, saute the leek until very soft.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook until volume is reduced.
- Add the tomato paste and carrot, and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the drained tuna and oregano, and simmer for another minute.
- Use half of the puree to layer the baking dish, add a layer of tuna filling, then a final layer of potatoes with the remaining puree.
- Brush with egg yolk, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, just to heat and cook the yolk.
- Serve hot with a green salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.