Tuna and Farro SaladL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Nutty farro and flaked tuna pairs with celery, cucumbers, tomatoes and shards of cheese in this bright lemon and olive oil-dressed salad. Select tuna that has been packed in oil, and don't skip the basil garnish, which lends licorice-like flavor and a shock of bright green at the tail end. While you do want to toss the ingredients shortly beforehand, don't do so too far in advance since you want to retain the ingredients' textural integrity.
- 350 grams farro
- 240 grams tuna fillets
- 3 celery ribs
- 1/2 cucumber
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes
- hard cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- ground black pepper
- basil leaves
- 1Wash thoroughly the farro, add to boiling salted water and cook for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- 2Crumble the tuna into small pieces and add it to a large bowl.
- 3Add the farro, celery, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese slices, and season with a small amount of olive oil, and lemon juice and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 4Garnish with basil leaves.
- 5Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Serve.